2017 Season Highlights: Competing at Level 9 Eastern Nationals as a Member of the Region 5 Jr 5 Dream Team, being crowned National Vault Champion, winning 3 events & AA at Regionals and 2 events & AA at State! Taking all 3 titles on Vault this season felt AMAZING!
2017 Level 9 Eastern Nationals
- Vault=National Champion 9.6
- Bars= 9.1
- Beam= 4th Place 9.35
- Floor= 9.275
- All-Around= 4th Place Jr C- 37.325
2017 Region 5 Championships
- Vault: 9.6-Region 5 Vault Champion
- Bars: 9.475-Region 5 Bar Champion
- Beam: 9.625-Region 5 Beam Champion
- Floor: 9.475- 2nd Place
- All-Around: 38.175- Region 5 Jr 5- AA Champion
2017 IL State Championships
- Vault: 9.7-IL State Champion
- Bars: 9.45-2nd Place
- Beam: 9.45-IL State Champion
- Floor:9.35-5th Place
- All-Around: 37.95-IL State- Jr C- AA Champion
Additional Career Highlights/Titles:
Gabby’s America’s TOP 100 recognition:
USA Gymnastics TOPS National Testing Qualifier & TOPS B Camp / “Team” 2011, 2012 & 2013
More info about Gabby~
- Favorite Event: Beam
- Best Event: Beam
- Favorite Skills: I think my favorite skills would have to be my FF layout series on beam that I am working to upgrade and also my double pike on floor.
- Goals for 2017-2018: I look forward to competing my first year level 10 with all of the upgrades I am working.
Fun Fact: I get to train along side my sister Bella, who is also a level 10 gymnast. My team has always felt like a second family to me especially because I get to train and compete with my sister- this year even in the same level!
How I got started gymnastics: I took my first gymnastics class when I was 18 months old and have loved the sport from day one.
- Favorite TV shows: My favorite TV show would definitely have to be “Friends”.
- Favorite Colors: My favorite colors are blue and yellow because they are so cheerful and uplifting.
- Hobbies: Some of my hobbies are hanging out with my family and friends, bike riding and also playing board games, especially Monopoly!
- What do you feel is your strongest characteristic that helps you in this sport?: I am a very determined person whether it’s in school, gymnastics, or games. I believe in working hard to obtain my goals.
- Future Goals: I look forward to competing the next 5 years as a level 10 and hope to be able to experience JO Nationals. Also, I want to compete as a collegiate athlete.
- Vault: Yurchenko Layout (Level 9 Eastern National Vault Champion)
- Bars: Bail and double back dismount
- Beam: FF layout step out, split jump layout step out, switch leap switch leap, full turn, and round-off 1 1/2 dismount
- Floor: Double back, 1.5 to front pike, front handspring- front layout- front pike, leg up 1/1 turn & switch half to split full jump
- Vault: Yurchenko 1/2, 1/1 & 1.5 twist
- Bars: Shaposh directly to bail handstand & my new upgraded combo: a toe hand 1/2 to front giant fall into double front dismount
- Beam: Switch leap to Switch 1/2, FF layout step out-layout step out, and Onodi’s.
- Floor: Double pikes, 1 1/2 front layout & Rudi’s
Interested in Gabriela? Contact her coaching staff at:
Shannon Murphy: email@example.com
Brittany Delk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Delk: email@example.com